Sunday, January 15, 2017

Travel Essentials l Gadgets and Apps

When Mrs. A and I travel (whether local or international), I usually take a few things and download apps which are useful when travelling.  Specially when travelling abroad, it is very important to be well equipped.

Chargers (ofcourse), especially since we wouldn't want to have a dead mobile phone in our entire trip, right?

So I bought a charger just for travelling because I want to keep a separate charger just for that purpose, and I paired it with an octopus charging wire.  What I love about this octopus wire is that you could charge different devices with just one outlet.

Portable Charger with foldable plug
Image from Tcat Philippines

Octopus Cable Wires

USB Male to Female to extend your octopus cable wires

Powerbank, since most of the mobile phones right now wouldn't last a day or even a few hours.

Powerbank with solar charging

Luggage weighing scale.  I find it very useful especially when travelling on a tight budget and you don't want to pay excess baggage.  There are a lot of different weighing devices out there in the market. I chose the one that is not digital so that there is no need to worry if the battery runs out.

Luggage weighing scale

Universal Power Adapter (For those travelling International). This little gadget is very useful when travelling abroad, since some countries have different outlet plug from ours.

Universal Travel Adapter

On-the-Go (OTG).  I find this device very useful especially when you love taking photos using your DSLR or Digital Cameras. With this little device, you could easily transfer your pictures directly to your OTG capable mobile phones. So whenever you shoot an amazing picture and want to share it to social media without having to use a laptop or computer, then this device is perfect for you.

USB OTG paired with a Card Reader

Portable Harddrive.  My wife gave me a Wireless Seagate Portable Harddrive for our First Year Anniversary. With this portable Harddrive, I could connect it directly to my mobile devices and watch movies. So when you are on a 10 hour flight, this would help pass the time quicker.  For more details, here is the link to my review of my Seagate Wireless Portable Harddrive. Click Here.

Seagate Wireless Portable Harddrive

Digital Camera/DSLR/Sports Cam. Ofcourse with today's Camera Phones, this is optional. But I still prefer using Digital Cameras when travelling.



Apps are also essential when travelling since these could assist you in making your life easier.

Google Translator. I discovered this app just last year when we went to Indonesia and let me tell you, it really helped us a lot due to the language barrier.



Currency Converter. This useful app keeps you updated with your currencies' conversion to the local currency you are visiting.



Offline Maps.  Offline Maps are very useful specially when travelling abroad and you have no data or wifi.  You only need to download the City Map you are planning to visit and then you can view the map without data or wifi.


Download

Streaming Apps. There are three Streamings Apps now in the market. Iflix, Hooq and Netflix are the awesome apps for watching tv shows or movies for a fee, of course. These will surely entertain you during your travels, whether it be waiting for your flight or during the flight itself.


To Download at the Playstore, click the App you want.  

Hotel Booking Apps. Everytime my wife and I have a destination on mind, we immediately search for hotels using mobile booking apps. Our favorite hotel booking app is Agoda. The thing I love about Agoda is how easy it is to use. What makes it useful is the site's client reviews regarding the hotel because it is very important to check for reviews before booking your hotel.

Download

Flight Booking Apps. Ofcourse, you need this to ease yourself when booking your flights. I find this very convenient since I don't need to personally go to the Airline ticketing office. This also saves money and hassle in going to and from physical ticketing or travel agencies.

Logos of Air Asia, Cebu Pacific and Philippine Airlines

TripAdvisor. I use this app side by side with my hotel booking app, Agoda.  With this app, you could search for hotels, things to do, restaurants, etc.  I use this app to know more about the destination that we plan to visit. This is the most helpful application for doing pre travel research about the place.


I hope this would help you on your future travels. Enjoy guys.



No comments:

Post a Comment